Tuesday 27 December 2011

2 in 1

Right i've been naughty and missed out a few days. Lets just say i swung myself fully into the festive season, was utterly spoilt and ate copious amounts of food. All round good job.

I really hope you all had a wonderful couple of days wherever you were (lets hope the hangovers wear off in time for New Year now hey?)

SO down to business it is...i'm going to give you number 5 and 6 of this wonderful little music chart iv'e got going.



6. Gabriel (Feat Valentina) - Joe Goddard


Back in the day Hot Chip really did do it for me 'over and over' again......cue laughter, or potentially none. My joke skills are just appalling. Feel free to press the X button at the top of your screen now......breathe.


I really love this song though. I remember first hearing it when i was driving down from Brighton to see my parents and just bopping away in the car. Love the vocal on it too. The whole things quite understated it doesn't really go anywhere, but that's why i love it. Its just there, ready and waiting for YOUR groove.





5. You Don't Know How Lucky You Are - Keaton Henson


I stumbled upon this beauty accidentally....and i'm so happy i did. For me this is one of the most beautiful things to come out of this year. I know alot of the other posts have been very focused on all things dance, dnb and dub but i am real sucker for music like this. As a writer i find these lyrics unbelievably simple but effective and i found that i really took something away from this track.

There's going to be great things from this man in the future. Mark my word.

'Doesn't love make your head spin....'



No comments:

Post a Comment